I’ve decided to roll my bucket list and New Year Resolutions into one list of 24 things to do – 2 a month. Hopefully having them here on my blog will spur me on to complete them all. I don’t usually have such an extensive list, but this next couple of years I am away from home and need to take advantage of the opportunities that are here. Rob and I actually wrote a holiday type bucket list last year, and I’m pleased to say that we will definitely be able to cross some of this off this year!
- Learn to swim confidently. I know how, but I have no stamina or confidence. I want to be able to swim 4 lengths non stop by December
- Take a surf lesson. Rob is an avid surfer and I want to see what all the fuss is about. In warm water…
- Pick up where I left off on my French studies and have a bash at becoming something resembling fluent. Rob is going to only speak French to me at home from now on. Yikes!
- Cook a new recipe every month for my boy/our friends (2/12)
- Learn how to bake. Rob doesn’t eat sweet things so I have never really tried, but now I have lots of piggy friends in Jozi to try it all out
- Get to the point where I can do 20 push ups non-stop in the proper position. I can do 1, maybe 2 right now!
- Be more romantic. Rob and I have been together 2.5 years now and the honeymoon period is most definitely over. Need to get back some of that loving feeling!
- Get a washboard stomach. I am slim and work out a lot, but I have always had a round tum. I want a flat one!
- Run 3 10k races (1/3)
- Scale back on my social commitments so that Rob and I have time for a date night every week. We have no time at the moment!
- Enjoy my blog and don’t let it become a chore. If that happens then I’ll stop blogging as it is meant to be for fun!
- Make time to read a book a month. In England I was reading at least a book a week, but I’m not commuting anymore and finding it hard to make time (3/12)
- Learn to meditate. I’ve always wanted to be able to de-stress first thing in the morning and this really approach really interests me
- Concentrate on my photographic skill. I know how to use the camera functions now, but want to be able to do it with my eyes closed
- Stay in touch with everyone in the UK more often. There are a few people that I speak to daily and weekly online, but there are more that I don’t
- Stay at Giraffe Manor in Nairobi http://www.giraffemanor.com/ It looks freaking awesome
- Do a bungee jump – either at Victoria Falls or the Soweto Towers
Go on my very first game drive
- Go horseback riding on the beach. You know, like they do in the movies!
- Go sand-boarding. Apparently they do it in Benoni…
Ride an elephant. Doesn’t everyone want to do this?!
- Cage dive with sharks. We will be in Cape Town in March so maybe then…
Visit more museums to learn about the life and times of Africa. It might help me understand why life is the way that it is now, and it is very interesting in any case Manage to entice at least one set of visitors this year from the UK. Maybe our friends don’t really like us, or maybe they are just scared of Jozi?